The holidays are coming and so are your guests…loved ones that you can’t wait to see (and some that you can’t wait to see leave…😉 😉 ). Regardless, a gracious host always wants her home to feel warm and welcoming. Are your guests’ quarters ready to entertain? If not, here are a few ideas to ensure comfort during their stay.
Bedding with multiple layers accommodates the cool sleepers and the warm sleepers.Who doesn’t want to climb into a fluffy, cozy bed?
2. Sometimes two is better than one
Separate beds are great for non-couples or children. Add a desk for some brief work or correspondence is always a welcome feature!
3. Set the Mood
Reading lights next to the bed are discreet, but oh so handy for late-night reading!
4. comfy chairs and blackout curtains
A guest chair provides a comfortable place to put on socks and shoes. Blackout curtains ensure the morning light doesn’t interfere with a sound sleep.
5. Make Some space
Clear space in bathrooms for guests’ belongings. Nobody wants to have to move a million knick-knacks in order to find a spot for their toothbrush.
Bonus tips that’ll score you extra (brownie) points:
- Have plenty of towels and supplies like extra toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, and body lotion in case a guest forgot to pack some essentials.
- Place some water bottles or a pitcher of citrus or cucumber-infused water in their room for late-night thirst.
- Place a season-appropriate scented candle on their nightstand or dresser for soft lighting in the evening.
- Fresh flowers or a single stem in a vase is also a special detail.
- Mist pillowcases and sheets with lavender spray before making the bed and guests will be greeted with a relaxing aroma as they settle in for the night.
It can be so much fun to visit with our guests…if you need a little help getting ready for yours, call us and we’ll get you prepped!