Who’s ready to go Ultra Violet?
Pantone’s color of the year is a bold, saturated hue that Pantone says “communicates originality, ingenuity and visionary thinking that points us toward the bright future.”
As a blue-based purple, it’s easy to understand how it represents the future. If you’re ready to incorporate this vivid color into your home décor, I’ve compiled five ways to make it look absolutely fabulous.
- Make it an Accent: Instead of painting an entire room this glam, lavish tone, add posh touches to your space by way of layered textiles, like window treatment, throw pillows and rugs. Or feature artwork with these tones incorporated. These accents will add a fresh, modern look to your home — but are easy to switch out if you tire of the tone or when new trends arise. To keep the look subtle, consider adding a vase of purple-toned tulips, iris or hyacinth — or a purple orchid — to add a punch of color to your space without breaking the bank.
- Play with Other Colors: While this color is bold enough to use on its own, it also pairs well with other colors. Incorporating ultra violet with rich, deep colors like emerald green, black or navy — and lighter shades such as white, celery green or millennial pink — will neutralize the pop of purple while still achieving a bold statement. Lighter, contrasting blues and terra cotta hues create a regal look, while layering Ultra Violet with other shades of purple and blue create a polished vibe. If you prefer a muted version of the trend, pair a lighter shade of the color (like lavender) with light gray or white for a serene effect.
- Do You Dare? If purple is one of your favorite colors, this is the time to bring your dream Ultra Violet space to life! When paired with metallic and high-shine finishes, fur accents and rich-hued accessories, Ultra Violet is a powerful color that evokes an ultra-glam vibe. Dare to try it as an all-over room color, on bold bedding, a wallpaper hue, a sofa, an ottoman, an accent chair or even a pop-of-color backsplash in your kitchen to give this lustrous hue its day. Whether you choose a large piece of furniture or stay subtle with a pillow, these pieces will brighten your space in a fresh way.
- Feel the Spirit: Did you know violets are considered healing and inspiring? To make the most of the color therapy benefits of Ultra Violet, consider incorporating this shade in a room to spark creativity — think a home office, studio, child’s bedroom or kitchen. It’s also a happy color, making it a great choice for your main living space, either as an accent or overall color. It’s deepest shades are mysterious and sophisticated, so a master bedroom or lounge area may be most appropriate for the more sultry tones.
- Think Small: Only want to dip your toe in the trend? A bold hue like Ultra Violet is a great choice for “pass-through” spaces like foyers, entryways, hallways and stairways. Or, try the tone in a petite powder room for a glamorous effect in a space where you generally don’t linger long.
This year’s design trends are all about bold, saturated hues — and ultra violet is no exception. When styled right, Ultra Violet can be a chic, fun and on-trend statement for your home.
But if it occurs to you that you would like to do a little more refreshing than using just one color, that’s where Nicole Arnold Interiors comes in. We would be happy to provide professional advice. Call us at 214-326-1160 to make an appointment for a consultation.